Post Publié par Maia  on October 1st 2012, 12:09 am

My idea is translating the mod text to the 5 more used languages in Europe.

Those are:
1-English (done) (i can improve this)
2-French (done)
3-German (i can help a bit here) (not done)
4-Italian (not done)
5-Spanish (i can help) (done at client level)

as far i see the translation is quite easy, but only at client level i don't know how is translating and then add it directly on the mod, so if someone agree with this little project, i can provide help translating to spanish and german, and improving the english version Smile
note: my german is basic Smile
other note: i've finished the spanish translation (remember is just text not voices)
avatar

Maia
Developer
Developer

Posts : 56
Join date : 2012-05-23
Age : 23
Location : P2X-3YZ

Post Publié par Atlantis56  on October 3rd 2012, 4:14 pm

Good idea !
I speak about your idea with thitest if i see he!
avatar

Atlantis56
Co-founder & CFO
Co-founder & CFO

Posts : 37
Join date : 2012-05-19
Location : Behind you !

Post Publié par the team  on October 3rd 2012, 6:13 pm

This is one of the most brillant idea i've ever seen !
The problem, is that it takes a lot of time and the french & english version is the priority ! Because they are in full version. Audio & Text.

For the text, it might be possible but it need translators !
avatar

the team
NEWS
NEWS

Posts : 123
Join date : 2012-05-19

http://www.phoenix-interactive.net

Post Publié par Atlantis56  on October 4th 2012, 9:51 am

yes we can translate the text !
avatar

Atlantis56
Co-founder & CFO
Co-founder & CFO

Posts : 37
Join date : 2012-05-19
Location : Behind you !

Post Publié par Maia  on October 6th 2012, 8:24 pm

Well, i'm glad you liked the idea Cool

Thiest wrote:For the text, it might be possible but it need translators !

Atlantis56 wrote:yes we can translate the text !

Here is my current english text WiP file
Download from MediaFire

Note that only Goa'uld and Tau'ri ships and research names are completed
Here is some Screenshots:













I'm not sure if for Goa'uld is "Zak Frigate" or "Zat Frigate", so i named Zat Frigate because the beam is similar to the zat gun fire.

and, where is the text file for the ancients race?, because it's not inside the sgmod file.
avatar

Maia
Developer
Developer

Posts : 56
Join date : 2012-05-23
Age : 23
Location : P2X-3YZ

Post Publié par the team  on October 6th 2012, 10:33 pm

In fact, it wasn't translated, that's why you can't find it on the sgmod.dat but now it's done
avatar

the team
NEWS
NEWS

Posts : 123
Join date : 2012-05-19

http://www.phoenix-interactive.net

Post Publié par -Rakieta-PL  on October 11th 2012, 5:18 pm

Good idea! Heh, pity that no Polish language Razz

Makeet, your idea by description of ships in mod is good idea! I want see it in new version.
avatar

-Rakieta-PL
Member

Posts : 29
Join date : 2012-05-20
Age : 21
Location : Poland/Polska

Post Publié par Maia  on October 13th 2012, 7:20 pm

Here is my new version for the english text

Download from MediaFire

Changelog:

Fully translated Wraith race (ships and research)
Small tweaks to Goa'uld

Screens coming... Very Happy
avatar

Maia
Developer
Developer

Posts : 56
Join date : 2012-05-23
Age : 23
Location : P2X-3YZ

Post Publié par Onixoid  on October 13th 2012, 9:09 pm

http://www.noelshack.com/2012-40-1349547090-ss00046.jpg
There's a grammatical error there.It can only be "more powerful than" or "the most powerful".
Also,the BC in BC-304 means battlecruiser, so there's no need for BC-304 battlecruiser.


Onixoid
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 33
Join date : 2012-05-19
Age : 20
Location : Croatia

Post Publié par the team  on October 14th 2012, 11:05 am

Makeet-ai, do you want to join the staff ? If you can translate the versions ?
avatar

the team
NEWS
NEWS

Posts : 123
Join date : 2012-05-19

http://www.phoenix-interactive.net

Post Publié par Maia  on October 14th 2012, 8:44 pm

Onixoid wrote:http://www.noelshack.com/2012-40-1349547090-ss00046.jpg
There's a grammatical error there.It can only be "more powerful than" or "the most powerful".
Also,the BC in BC-304 means battlecruiser, so there's no need for BC-304 battlecruiser.

Thanks Onixoid, i'll correct that and the BC, if you find more errors, post a reply, also remember that is not the final version of the file, it can contain errors (beta Very Happy)

Thitest wrote:Makeet-ai, do you want to join the staff ? If you can translate the versions ?

Thiest, i'll be very glad if i join the Staff, and i'm sure that i can translate english german and spanish versions, not sure if i can translate at 100% the italian Smile

edit: i can't change "BC-304" because the text line is not there, i just changed it to "8118 Standard Tau'ri Battlecruiser" but only changes the description in game
avatar

Maia
Developer
Developer

Posts : 56
Join date : 2012-05-23
Age : 23
Location : P2X-3YZ

Post Publié par Onixoid  on October 14th 2012, 10:04 pm

makeet'ai wrote:
Onixoid wrote:http://www.noelshack.com/2012-40-1349547090-ss00046.jpg
There's a grammatical error there.It can only be "more powerful than" or "the most powerful".
Also,the BC in BC-304 means battlecruiser, so there's no need for BC-304 battlecruiser.

Thanks Onixoid, i'll correct that and the BC, if you find more errors, post a reply, also remember that is not the final version of the file, it can contain errors (beta Very Happy)

edit: i can't change "BC-304" because the text line is not there, i just changed it to "8118 Standard Tau'ri Battlecruiser" but only changes the description in game

You're welcome Smile
Just trying to help.

What does 8118 mean?


Onixoid
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 33
Join date : 2012-05-19
Age : 20
Location : Croatia

Post Publié par Maia  on October 15th 2012, 12:43 am

Onixoid wrote:
makeet'ai wrote:
Onixoid wrote:http://www.noelshack.com/2012-40-1349547090-ss00046.jpg
There's a grammatical error there.It can only be "more powerful than" or "the most powerful".
Also,the BC in BC-304 means battlecruiser, so there's no need for BC-304 battlecruiser.

Thanks Onixoid, i'll correct that and the BC, if you find more errors, post a reply, also remember that is not the final version of the file, it can contain errors (beta Very Happy)

edit: i can't change "BC-304" because the text line is not there, i just changed it to "8118 Standard Tau'ri Battlecruiser" but only changes the description in game

You're welcome Smile
Just trying to help.

What does 8118 mean?

oh, 8118 i think that's the model ID, the game loads the ship configuration and models or something like that or it's just a reference to the game engine;
by the way here is the fixed version Smile
Download Fix
avatar

Maia
Developer
Developer

Posts : 56
Join date : 2012-05-23
Age : 23
Location : P2X-3YZ

Post Publié par MiLC0RE  on October 30th 2012, 3:58 pm

Hey, thitest. I said that i want to make a german translation for this mod in ModDB, and i made one. Me and my friend LaT3St are done with the translation in german. He translated the Goa'uld i translated Tau'ri and Wraith. If you want the file, just PM me Wink

Edit: I decided to upload it and post the link here.

uploaded.net 68q9s6gx


Last edited by MiLC0RE on October 30th 2012, 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Link update)
avatar

MiLC0RE
Developer
Developer

Posts : 7
Join date : 2012-10-25

Post Publié par Atlantis56  on November 2nd 2012, 11:06 am

Hey do you want translate BSG Mod ?

We need You ! Very Happy
avatar

Atlantis56
Co-founder & CFO
Co-founder & CFO

Posts : 37
Join date : 2012-05-19
Location : Behind you !

Post Publié par Maia  on November 2nd 2012, 8:50 pm

I propose this to BSG.

MiLC0RE and LaT3St translate to german
I translate to spanish and italian
thitest (?) transate to french

everyone accepts this idea?

EOT


Last edited by makeet'ai on November 12th 2012, 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : dasdasd)
avatar

Maia
Developer
Developer

Posts : 56
Join date : 2012-05-23
Age : 23
Location : P2X-3YZ

Post Publié par the team  on November 2nd 2012, 9:17 pm

Yes
avatar

the team
NEWS
NEWS

Posts : 123
Join date : 2012-05-19

http://www.phoenix-interactive.net

Post Publié par Atlantis56  on November 2nd 2012, 11:14 pm

okay, i can help thitest !
avatar

Atlantis56
Co-founder & CFO
Co-founder & CFO

Posts : 37
Join date : 2012-05-19
Location : Behind you !

Post Publié par Maia  on November 5th 2012, 2:43 am

ok, when i'll download the files from the SVN when available, now i'm working on the sgmod translations
avatar

Maia
Developer
Developer

Posts : 56
Join date : 2012-05-23
Age : 23
Location : P2X-3YZ

Post Publié par Sponsored content 



Sponsored content



Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum